In a production environment, content updates are done on a regular basis. However, other instances like Development and Testing get out of sync when it comes to content. Developers or Testers with no administrative access to production have to rely on administrators or other team members to get these updates in the respective lower environments. In this article, I will discuss one of the approaches which will help non-administrative users to overcome this scenario using Sitecore PowerShell Extensions.
For this approach to work, you need to have Sitecore PowerShell Extensions installed on your Sitecore Instance.
1. Create a script in the PowerShell Script library located under System/Modules/PowerShell/Script Library
2. Add the script body as follows
3. Save your script.
4. Right-click on any item which you want to promote to lower environment(s).
5. Make a selection whether you want to publish an item or a branch.
6. Select one or multiple publishing targets at the same time.
7. Once the script is executed, your selected item or branch will be available in the selected environment(s)