First to market plugins increase functionality for
Sitecore Experience Commerce 9.0
Los Angeles, Feb. 21, 2018 /PRNewswire-iReach/ -- XCentium, a full-service digital consultancy firm and a leader in the digital eCommerce industry, today announced they have released eight plugins for the recently launched Sitecore Experience Commerce™ 9, which will enhance features and functionality for all Sitecore Commerce users.
Sitecore Experience Commerce™ 9, is the only cloud-enabled platform that natively integrates content and commerce, so brands can fully personalize and individualize the end-to-end shopping experience before, during, and after the transaction. Sitecore Experience Commerce is based on a plugins model so customers and developers can easily customize their digital solution by choosing which modules they require for their implementation. It's called opt-in complexity and provides a scalable, yet simple architecture.
Realizing the power and importance of the plugins module, XCentium is determined to lead the way in plugins development. Ola Owolawi, Sitecore Commerce MVP and Architect at XCentium, and Vasiliy Fomichev, Sitecore Commerce MVP and Technical Director at XCentium, have been spearheading this effort since early 2017, when they were first to launch plugins for the previous version of Sitecore Commerce.
XCentium's plugins released today are designed to offer acceleration and customization for Sitecore Commerce implementations, providing common ecommerce functionality including:
- Fed Ex Shipping – This plugin integrates the Sitecore Experience Commerce with the API for Fed Ex Shipping. Through this plugin, Commerce companies can calculate real time shipping costs and options for their clients.
- USPS Shipping – This plugin integrates shipping with the United States Postal Service with the Sitecore Experience Commerce API. Through this plugin, Commerce companies can calculate real time USPS shipping costs and options for their clients.
- UPS Shipping – This plugin integrates the Sitecore Experience Commerce with the API for shipping through UPS. Through this plugin, Commerce companies can calculate real time UPS shipping costs and options for their clients.
- Avalara Tax – This plugin integrates the Sitecore Commerce Engine with the API for Avalara for Sales Tax calculation.
- Vertex Tax – This plugin integrates the Sitecore Commerce Engine with the API for Vertex for Sales Tax calculation.
- Validation turn off – This developer accelerator style plugin makes it easier for teams to set up country and state validations on the front end, especially helpful for companies who do international business.
- Custom Order Number – This plugin makes it easier for the setting up of confirmation order number the way the organization wants it so that it is in line with their policy.
- Custom Order Type – This plugin makes it for an order to be customized to the buyer's specification. Examples are: A customers buying a car can specify color, accessories, tire types, etc. A customer buying a flower or greeting card can specify the message that goes with the card, a customer buying a new home can specify features that comes with it.
"Our plugins have already helped us at XCentium and other Sitecore partners on multiple projects. We constantly get inquiries about plugin reuse and functionality on our website and GitHub, which lets us know that we are making an impact on the community and encourages us to build more! We hope this upgrade will help even more companies and partners on their road to success with Sitecore Experience Commerce 9," said Vasiliy Fomichev, Sitecore Commerce MVP and Technical Director at XCentium.
All XCentium's Commerce plugins are officially released open source on GitHub for all developers to utilize. XCentium's Development team encourages people to explore the plugins, build upon them, and submit improvements through GitHub.
For more information, please visit XCentium.com. For inquiries, please contact email@example.com.
XCentium is an award-winning, full-service digital consultancy. We focus on User Experience, Content Management, Commerce, CRM, and Cloud. Our goal is to help our clients align their digital strategy with business objectives, leverage technology excellence to deliver superior results, engage customers on the web and mobile and run their business in the cloud. XCentium is a Sitecore Platinum Partner, Gold Certified Microsoft Partner and Platinum Certified Insite Commerce Partner.
XCentium, a leading Sitecore Experience Commerce implementationpartner globally, is also one of few Sitecore Platinum Partners with experience implementing the entire Sitecore Platform, including Sitecore's CMS, Commerce, Cloud, EXM and PXM, enabling you to work with one software platform and one implementation partner for all your digital experience solutions. In 2018, XCentium was awarded 10 Sitecore MVPs, including 4 Commerce MVPs, the most Sitecore Commerce MVPs of any firm worldwide.
Sitecore, Sitecore Commerce, Microsoft, Insite, Fed Ex, UPS, USPS, DHL, Authorize.net, and XCentium are trademarks of their respective companies.
Media Contact: Corie Eckstrom, XCentium, 763.333.4448, firstname.lastname@example.org
News distributed by PR Newswire iReach: https://ireach.prnewswire.com