Sitecore Content MongoDB Data Providers (BETA)
The Sitecore Content MongoDB Data Provider allows running the Sitecore CMS completely on Mongo Databases without the need for SQL Server. The provider supports the default content databases out of the box: master, core and web.
Benefits of Using the Mongo Provider:
- Large cost savings over using the SQL server - Mongo has multiple licensing tiers starting with free, make sure to choose the right one for you or your company
- Performance improvement - Mongo is known for its performance benefits
- Scalability - SQL Server is know for having issues with scalability, while Mongo natively support setups like replica sets and sharding that are easy to implement
NOTE: This is pre-release software and has undergone limited testing. Please report any bugs and feel free to contribute any fixes to the project via pull request.
- .NET Framework v4.0+
- Sitecore 8.1 Update 2
- MongoDB Server 3.2
- Installation Files
- Download the Sitecore package file from the link above
- Install the package via the Sitecore package installer UI. Installation will add DLLs to your /bin folder and .config files to your /App_Config/Include folder which will cause the AppPool to restart. The Sitecore user interface may become unresponsive during package installation as a result but should eventually display an exception messsage (This error is normal & expected).
- From your /App_Data folder, extract and run CopySqlToMongo.exe. Be sure to modify CopySqlToMongo.config and provide correct connection string details for your existing SQL Server databases and your target MongoDB databases. Also set the virtual and physical media paths correctly so that BLOB fields can be successfully exported and remapped to your file system.
- From your /App_Data folder, merge the contents of the MERGE-Web.config and MERGE-ConnectionStrings.config with your own configuration files and provide correct connection string details for your existing SQL Server databases and your target MongoDB databases.
- Sitecore should now be running completely on MongoDB.
- Verify by disabling your SQL core, master and web databases
The project is open-source, thus, simply email email@example.com or submit the form below and we'll send you the source code.