- Make sure your machine has the Java Runtime installed ( at command prompt run java -version)
- Download SOLR from http://lucene.apache.org/solr/downloads.html and unzip contents to an install directory
- Since this is a Windows installation, create a batch file in solr root dir that contains the following single line : bin/solr start -Dsolr.allow.unsafe.resourceloading=true
- Start the Insite console and set the ProductSearchProvider to read "SOLR". This is not a drop down choice. You literally type the string SOLR into the config setting. Also enter the Search_SolrSharedConfigPath value as shown below (assuming it matches your SOLR install directory)
- Bring up the IIS Manager, find Application Pools and restart the AppPool for Insite
- Switch back to the Insite Console, navigate to Tools and select the Reindex button.
- Depending on the SOLR setup and your project there is a strong possibility that you will receive an error message similar to the the one shown below . This is an indicator that SOLR needs schema information. Without a custom schema, SOLR wont understand the Insite elements needing to be indexed.
- The easiest way to correct this error is to create a new SOLR core (ie. "InsiteSolrCore"), download and extract the following zip archive to the SOLR bin directory - https://www.dropbox.com/s/wbix4ai51q6h71b/InsiteSolrCore.zip?dl=0 - when done, you want to see a folder called InsiteSolrCore (It contain a starting point for a schema that has worked with Insite 4.1x - you can make modifications but be sure to keep a backup.)
- Execute the Insite / Tools / Reindex again .
- Bring up the SOLR dashboard and verify that the InsiteSolrCore is visible
Configuring Insite to use SOLR