Quality Assurance Team Lead
We have an exciting and challenging opportunity for an experienced Quality Assurance Lead. As part of the XCentium’s QA leadership team, the QA Lead will guide a group of Quality Analysts who build automation and regression for XCentium’s Mobile and Web platforms. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, coordinating and leading test strategy, planning activities for multiple cross-functional application development teams, delivering programs and project features to the highest standards of Quality and Customer Experience in support of XCentium’s business strategy.
Los Angeles, CA area
XCentium provides business technology services. We help clients align their technology strategy with business objectives, leverage technology excellence to deliver superior results, engage customers on web and mobile project and help them run their business in the cloud. Our core areas of expertise are User Experience, Content Management, Commerce, CRM, and Cloud.
- Lead a team of test & QAs to consistently deliver high quality software.
- Drive Implementing and Enhancing a simple, robust and Automated testing process to support a continuous development/deployment environment.
- Work closely with our web developers to seamlessly integrate testing into the development and build processes
- Provide continuous risk assessment and implement risk mitigation plans
- Perform and provide guidance/mentoring on API testing using SOAP UI or similar toolset
- Provide subject matter expert knowledge on Quality Assurance software, tools and best practices
- Participate in project kick-off’s by representing the QA workstream and communicating the QA methodology
- Write complex SQL statements for backend testing of databases
- Work with Stakeholders, Business Analysts and the development team to understand the business and technical requirements of applications
- Define and maintain QA Reporting /dashboards for projects and overall QA organization
- Facilitate difficult conversations pertaining to testing quality issues with stakeholders and drive closure of issues
- Analyze the defect report and give suggestions about decreasing the defects counts
- Circulate best practices in the testing community
- Recommend testing tools based on the client needs
- Enforce that the team is adhering to defect lifecycle standards
- Use efficient test execution techniques to achieve best results
- Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously. Ability to remain flexible and excel at working as a staffed employee as well as managing a QA team.
- Experience in writing functional specifications / User Stories is a plus
- Overseeing the development and execution of test plans and monitoring and reporting on test execution
- Experience in JIRA/bug management tools/development environments/ containers
- Minimum of 5 years of QA Manager/Lead Consulting experience
- Minimum of 3 years working in software consulting companies working with external clients
- Experience working in Agile/Scrum environments.
- Experience with web/commerce/CRM/SharePoint/BI as QA
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Exposure to source control, build and release processes, and continuous deployment
- Experience in test suite development and maintenance