Working under the supervision of a team lead, the Cloud Engineer participates in a distributed team of managed services consultants, and software engineers responsible for designing, developing, updating and supporting commerce and service-based software systems. This position is expected to be an integral part of a consulting team, competent to work on software setup, configuration, scripting in support of a managed services based continuous integration environment.
The ideal candidate will be local to our Headquarters office and able to work at the office as requested. The ideal candidate will also be able to travel to onsite visits with clients if requested.
XCentium is headquartered in El Segundo, CA.
The Cloud Engineer helps to create technical solutions with emphasis on CMS and eCommerce applications housed in Azure. This role collaborates extensively with XCentium’s team of consultants in creating cutting edge Commerce, mobile and cloud solutions. In addition to basic technical / programming skills, a successful candidate is able to assist in translating conceptual ideas into concrete tasks as well as assist in translating business needs into technical requirements.
- 2+ years of experience with the Azure platform; Visual Studio Team Services, Azure IaaS offerings, Azure PaaS offerings, Azure Portal, PowerShell, Azure Resource Manager, and/or Application Insights
- Experience with MS Azure WebApps, ARM templates and Azure SQL
- Release automation (e.g. Jenkins, TeamCity, Octopus, Azure DevOps), system administration, system configuration, and system debugging experience.
- Experience installing and maintaining Microsoft database servers / services.
- Experience managing source control/repositories (Git, GitHub, TFS)
- Knowledge of automated code review and testing tools (e.g. SonarQube)
- Experience in 24x7 production operations, preferably supporting a highly available environment for a SaaS or cloud service provider.
- Knowledge of workflow tools (e.g. Atlassian).
- Experience with .NET CMS and Commerce (in Cloud role) preferred