A provider of provider of online research management, writing and collaboration tools asked us to design and develop their next-generation desktop collaboration tool. We can be bookish, sometimes.
ChallengeThe client is a leading provider of provider of online research management, writing and collaboration tools. The client was looking for a partner to assist with the design and development of its next generation desktop collaboration tool. The key goals were to provide users native MS Office editing interface and leverage development efforts and common code on both the Windows and Mac platforms.
SolutionXCentium worked with the client in designing the desktop application so it natively integrates with MS Office on both the Windows (using C# and .Net) and the Mac (using Objective C) platforms. Common code was written in the Java language to provide a common set of services to both native interfaces.
ImpactThe new collaboration platform is being very well received by client's key stakeholders and target markets, helping the client maintain its market position and gaining additional traction.
- Assist with the development of next generation desktop collaboration tool for both Windows and Mac Platforms
- Assist with the development strategy for maximizing cross-platform (Windows and Mac) code reuse while still retaining rich native platform look & feel and user experience
- Development of desktop application (Windows and Mac)
- Integration with server-side web-services
- Integration with MS Office for Windows and Mac
During our initial engagement with XCentium, they took the time to understand our needs and the exact requirements for our project. Their team members' knowledge in the media and entertainment industry has been invaluable. I would not hesitate to leverage XCentium for our future projects.
Jason Hiller, CTO, Exactuals
Learn more about our main areas of discipline included in this case study.